FSC Denmark and Its Campaign of ProductsJuly 22, 2021
Indonesia Update of NDC and Communication StrategiesJuly 22, 2021
Samdhana Institute is looking for MONITORING, EVALUATION, ANALYSIS AND LEARNING (MEAL) COORDINATOR (Bogor based)
Overall Purpose of the Position:
- Coordinate the monitoring, evaluation, analysis and learning (MEAL) system of the organization and ensure effective and timely capture and organization of the data and information.
- Overall tracking of deliverables and impact of projects particularly but not limited to the DGMI for use in reporting, communications, fundraising and knowledge sharing.
- Learn existing Samdhana MEAL System, read and digest relevant reports including results of MEAL Reports assessment, and Samdhana MEAL Framework.
- Coordinate MEAL activities of the organization and projects including strengthening the MEAL system and updating the organization MEAL Framework (including the Results Framework) and Plan to operationalize the Framework (including MEAL workplan).
- Assist in designing and implementing initiatives to strengthen the organization and project’s approach to MEAL including adoption of standardised indicators, development of indicator tracking tools, and innovative evaluation approaches.
- Ensure adaptation of database to Samdhana needs and customize to capture data/information/results, and for generating processed data/ analysis/ knowledge for use in project and institutional reports, communication and fundraising activities;
- Ensure gender and social inclusion principles integration in all projects and discuss with the project implementer on how to apply these principles step by step.
- Oversee the development and regular update of the institution -wide risk management plan.
- In coordination with the Project team, develop the MEAL Plans at project level and ensure alignment and contribution to Samdhana’s Results Framework; as well as compliance with Donor requirements.
- Coordinate with project/ program teams on the conduct of project and programme evaluation and assessment, i.e. external midterm and project end evaluations, impact reviews, analysis of results and outcomes, capturing lessons learned, contributing to the development of knowledge products, and supporting the identification of channels for distribution and use of the knowledge products;
- Integrate MEAL tools in Samdhana training, workshops, FGDs and other activities as agreed with relevant team and project implementer. Carry out and manage activity evaluations to identify the results, impacts, outcome, and lessons learned as required.
- In close coordination with the Project Team, support in developing knowledge products of all projects with support of the communication team, focusing on sharing the lessons learned (and unlearned) for the organization and relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct regular field visits to partners to monitor the project progress. Engage partners and project teams in evaluation, sustainability and enhancing project’s outcomes and outputs in relation to the bigger context of the social and environmental movement, and explore other innovations.
- Act as project MEL as needed and perform other tasks and functions as assigned by the KMRD Unit Head.
- Supervise the MEAL staff (as appropriate and needed) and coordinate with project teams to ensure they regularly upload and update relevant MEAL information and data into the database, including quantitative and qualitative indicators, reports, photographs, and other relevant information such as interesting quotes as stated by the partners and other stakeholders we work with.
- Coordinate with the Safeguard Officer in monitor in grievance cases received by Samdhana; track and document such cases and its resolution/ handling.
- Contribute to enhancing MEAL capacity of Samdhana staff, Partners, grantees, and consultants through various methods including mentoring and coaching, and lead the improvement process.
- Prepare monthly work plan, monthly accomplishment report and back to office reports
(BTORs) as needed;
- Develop and submit organisation level monitoring and evaluation reports or periodical monitoring as agreed by Samdhana and donor(s).
- Lead in institutional research activities that support baselining needs, contextualization, project implementation and institutional learning, as needed, in coordination and collaboration with other Programs.
- Support institutional planning and development by ensuring that the MEAL systems and procedures incorporates the process of project and institutional assessments, tracking of institutional targets and generating needed data and knowledge for project/ program development and fundraising.
- And other tasks to be assigned by the KMRD head
Education and Experiences:
- Bachelor degree in Social Study, Development Studies, Anthropology Economics, Political Science, Government, or other related fields. A Master degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of professional work experience with international NGOs, international contractors, or donor agencies.
- Professional work experience in evaluating programs, social projects, public policies, and significant experience undertaking MEAL related roles including MEAL capacity building.
- Proven skills in research with qualitative or quantitative methodologies, including developing research reports.
- Understand gender and women empowerment and social inclusion challenges and how their application in the implementation of the project.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and evaluating impact-oriented projects.
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced level with Excel) and familiar with apps for a qualitative survey.
Work Attitudes and Habits:
- Excellent organisation and communication skills with various stakeholders
- Rigorous time management and activity organisation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English is required (Two samples of written materials of evaluation and monitoring reports need to be submitted with the application).
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and teamwork, able to work with diverse peoples
- Ability to manage difficult and challenging circumstances and be flexible
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with limited guidance
Terms and Conditions
- Project based
- Fulltime arrangement
- Duty station will be in Bogor, West Java
- Start date: Immediately
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a letter of interest highlighting the suitability for and the potential contribution to the position, a detailed CV and contact details for three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest on 20 July 2021
- Please indicate the position in the email subject line and type your cv title with the following format: (Name)_(Position)_(Year)