Level ManagerLocation BonnDeadline for application April 11, 2021
March 16, 2021
FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Policy Manager (Forest Management), who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
To plan, organize and coordinate the development, maintenance and consistent implementation of normative FSC documents in the core area of responsible forest management (FM).
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To coordinate FM projects and working group processes within the normative framework, including the revision of the accreditation standard for forest management evaluations and its addenda (FSC-STD-20-007):
- Coordinate the process and implement the work plans.
- Coordinate technical working group.
- Ensure budget adherence.
- Coordinate with the project team, technical working group members, facilitator, etc.
- Coordinate communication activities (organize public consultations, maintain FSC website content, trainings).
- Coordination and facilitation of field tests.
- Reply to information requests by stakeholders, particularly Certification Bodies and National Offices related to assigned responsibilities.
- Develop, under the guidance of the Program Manager, annual work plan and budget for the relevant projects.
- Represent FSC externally and other fora.
- Work closely with external parties involved in the relevant processes.
- Additional tasks as agreed with the formal supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- University or technical college degree in forestry, social or environmental sciences or a related field.
- Training in communications, FSC certification, project management and/or administration are assets.
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 5 years of professional experience in one or more of the following: multi-stakeholder standards development processes, certification (including auditing), the forest sector/wood industry, or corporate environmental and social responsibility programs.
- Pro-active approach towards solving problems as they occur.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously several functions.
- Solution oriented attitude to work.
- Service oriented attitude to work.
- Project management experience.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to plan and organize work.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Spanish or French is a plus.
- Good skills in Standard software packages (MS Office).
- Skills in database management platforms is a plus.
- Experience with Content Management Systems is a plus.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Working Hours: Full Time – 40 hours per week (Part Time 75% to 80% is also available)
- Starting Date: June 2021
- Duration of Employment: Replacement for parental leave until October 2022
What we offer
- Remote work (“home office”)
- Flexible working hours
- Childcare allowance
- Public transports costs (“Job ticket”)
- Language course allowance
- Highly international working environment
How to Apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 11 April 2021 at 10:00am (CET).
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application! NameSurnameEmailWhy FSC?Why This Position?Why You?Annual Gross Salary Expectations (EUR)Upload CVChoose fileOne file only.
4 MB limit.
Allowed types: pdf.