Level ManagerLocation BonnDeadline for application March 18, 2021
February 19, 2021
FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
We are looking for an engaged Data Manager, who brings solid expertise and a passion for FSC’s mission, to work with us in a multinational environment.
To plan, manage and execute the continuous improvement of FSC information sources and resources through innovation, establishing organizational processes and structures ensuring high quality of data, data standardization and consistency across various platforms and reports.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To safeguard the quality of the data – To establish and manage processes and structures ensuring high quality of data, data standardization, and consistency across various platforms and reports, including but not limited to:
- Rigorous research and evaluation of FSC information and data sources.
- Data standardization across FSC business units.
- Practical and user-friendly workflows and protocols that facilitate information capture, design, collection, quality, storage, and reporting on data consistently across FSC departments.
- Compliance of data assets and data processing with relevant legislation.
- Coordination and facilitation of the rigorous clean-up and information integrity processes while delivering data products.
- Development, modernization and improvement of Information Schemas and their maintenance.
- Compatibility of FSC Information Models with the ISEAL Information and Data Standards for Sustainability.
- To manage projects related to data gathering, standardization, and management, including but not limited to:
- Online reporting for FSC evaluations (forest management and chain of custody).
- Leading the certificate management projects within DAEL.
- To design, implement and manage the development of analytics, including but not limited to:
- Establishing data related hypothesis and testing them.
- Developing internal research and analytical models in order to test new data relationships and gain innovative insights.
- Defining new innovative data sources.
- Analytics for FSC monitoring and evaluation,implementation of FSC Global Strategy and supporting other departments.
- Reports to communicate insights for various audiences.
- To design, coordinate the implementation and manage the communication of data insights through adequate tools, including but not limited to:
- Defining the right tool for the given audience.
- Reports for management purposes.
- The use and dissemination of interactive tools such as Power BI and Tableau assets.
- The development and communication of non-interactive tools such as PPT, PDF, etc.
- Training materials.
- To establish, implement and manage consistent processes for data sharing with internal and external stakeholders, in cooperation with Legal Department.
- Additional Tasks as assigned with the formal supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- Relevant university degree or equivalent qualifications is a must (e.g. degree in data science, advanced academic degree in environmental sciences).
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- 4-5 years’ relevant experience in research using advanced analytics, data science, data analysis and/or data architecture.
- Experience in the certification system, forestry or environmental science is an asset.
- Experience in manipulating data sets and building analytical models to derive high quality business intelligence insights.
- Proven record of successfully managed data projects and modernization of organizational data assets and infrastructure.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of components and aspects of GDPR and the impact on information and data management in applicable software and platforms.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling simultaneously a number of functions.
- Solution oriented attitude to work.
- Service oriented attitude to work.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven record of scientific publications is a plus.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Spanish is a plus.
Main Computer Skills:
- SQL DBs.
- PowerBI, Tableau or other advanced information and data analytics tools.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Microsoft Office suite, Visio, and Office 365.
Additional Welcomed Skills:
- MS Dynamics.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google Cloud).
- Open Knowledge and Interoperability repositories, e.g., Dspace, Fedora.
- Proven excellent presentation skills.
- Proven excellent collaboration skills fostering deep stakeholder engagement.
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills that contribute to cohesive team efforts and decision making.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to the audience without technology background.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany.
- Working Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week).
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- Duration of Employment: 2 years contract.
What we offer
- Remote work (“home office”).
- Flexible working hours.
- Childcare allowance.
- Public transports costs (“Job ticket”).
- Language course allowance.
- Highly international working environment.
How to Apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 18th March 2021 at 10,00am (CET).
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!NameSurnameEmailWhy FSC?Why This Position?Why You?Annual Gross Salary Expectations (EUR)Upload CVChoose fileOne file only.
4 MB limit.
Allowed types: pdf.